Monday, August 31, 2009

So, I had a rather eventful weekend. Saturday was our first day off for a while, so I slept in until... 10:00. It was a little less exciting than I had been hoping for. I guess my body is just getting used to waking up at 7:00 every morning, which I haven't done since high school. It was nice to have a free morning. Sara came over around 1 and we decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to go to the aquarium that we had seen before on our way to Ikea. We took the tram to Odysseum, had sushi for lunch (aren't we proud of me? It was actually very good) and then went to the aquarium. I felt like I was 6. It was awesome :)

SUPER CREEPY SHARK. The sheer amount of teeth was amazing, and he kept on bumping against the glass. Eek. Also, I like the glowing eyes.









Fishes, 'nuff said.













:D













So yes, that was the wonderful aquarium trip. I even took the opportunity to buy a few postcards, which I'll try to send out at some point. Oh course, I need to get stamps first. Hmm...
Saturday evening, we took a guided tour of Montpellier at 8:00 (ok, I'll be good, 20h00). They split us into two groups, for the more and less competent in French. I went with the more competent group, which might have been a mistake, but honestly, I wouldn't have listened to everything the other guide was saying anyways. Apparently, Montpellier was a part of Spain for a while, which makes So much sense. We wandered around for about two hours, but which time we were pretty tired (especially for those of us who had been walking around an aquarium all day and had worn heels to l'Estivales the night before...)

The park, around 21h30.













Who else but Louis XIV? You can't really see, but he's in the guise of Julius Cesar, and for a long time, nothing was allowed to be higher than this statue. Also, apparently the sculptor forgot to put stirrups on the saddle and was sentenced to death for that (although he committed suicide before they got to him).







I can't remember the name of this cathedral, but it's the one with the medical archives/former convent attached to it. It's a few streets away from where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment