Friday, May 28, 2010

So, I know that I always say this at the beginning of my posts, but this past month has probably been the most intense... Ever. A lot of it has been wonderful, some less-than-wonderful, as I wrapped up my year in Montpellier... and I have a whole lot of catching up to do, seeing as my last post was at the end of April.

So, about a week of May was taken up with exam craziness which wasn't fun. I had an exposé due for my literature class (but it was on Symbolism, so it was fun), then an exam for the contemporary art class (how exactly does one take an exam when one hasn't learned a single thing in the class?), an exam for French Civ and then another for (real) art history. So, it was a tough week, but all's well that ends well, I suppose. I just got my grades back for two of my classes, which I passed, so I'm pretty pleased :)

Then, the day after I finished exams, I headed off to Corsica! Sealia's "uncle" Geno lives there, so the 6 of us decided to pay him a visit!
After heading up to Nice on Wednesday evening, at the crack of dawn on Thursday we found ourselves walking to the port...











Where, surprise, surprise, we found a boat. Who'd a thunk?












5 hours, 1 torrential rainstorm later, we found ourselves driving through the mountains of Corsica... And fearing for our lives at every turn. No, seriously, the Corsicans are crazy drivers.










The next day we went to the beach in Porticcio, about 10 minutes from Geno's house. Hello, ladies!











I don't know what possessed them, but they all went swimming...












While I stayed nice and warm and dry (Interesting fact--they all grew up near large bodies of water. Clearly, I did not).






























The next day, off to Ajaccio!













Obligatory "I was there" photo, like usual.













Group photo...











The cover photo for our new band. Duh.











A surprisingly chipper bunch, considering the fact that it was 7:30 am... Waiting to catch to train to Bastia!











Pretty much the more beautiful train ride possibly imaginable.


























I can has... The Shire?













... Mordor?













The port in Bastia.













Waiting to get on the boat back to Nice.













All in all, a great trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment