Sunday, February 21, 2010

So, it seems that all of the exciting events of the past week revolve around either dance, music or food. Maybe this should tell me something about my life, of late. Hmmmm....

First of all, we can start with the best Valentine's day ever. No, seriously. As Sophie wisely pointed out, why reserve Valentine's day for being mushy with your significant other when you can be mushy with your friends? So, that's just what we did--Got dressed to the nines, descended upon a flower-and-heart-strewn apartment and had an Amazing dinner. Good times :) [Photos will be uploaded when I figure out who has them; I need to get in the habit of actually bringing my camera places, I think]

Monday afternoon charged us with the great task of eating une galette au roi, because these things simply cannot be left to languish. So, as the youngest (who'd have known?) I got to cut it up and decide who I liked enough to give a piece to. Now, the fun thing about la galette is that there's a prize baked into it, and who ever finds/chokes on it gets to be the king/queen for the day. Now who should find it, but yours truly!

Isn't it pretty?











It's a little hard to see, but I have a crown!
(Photos grace à Sealia)










School, blah, blah, blah... I should probably start doing some work, one of these days, but seeing as I'm now on vacation... [Yes, vacation. I've had a total of 16 days of class, and I'm on vacation. Hell yes.] Oh, I think I went to the WORST contemporary art museum ever to exist on Thursday. Seriously, it was miserable. It was all the type of art that has no title, no explanation and no apparent logic which always feels very... Selfish. How do I know that someone didn't just throw together a bunch of paper napkins and dice, and declare it art? For me, it's not art without an apparent thought process from the artist.

Thursday was my first time back to the Occitan dance since the fall! I got there early and learned a few tunes (er... tried) and then spent the rest of the evening bouncing back and forth from my fiddle and the dance floor. There was one man who sang a few Occitan songs for us, which was really incredible.
A group of college students getting together in the Occitan studies classroom to play and dance the night away. Oh yes. (Again, not my photo).











Also, if you're curious about Occitan music, listen to this.

Friday was, as per usual, the FitzPatrick's jam which was, as per usual, a lot of fun, and Saturday was spent, as per usual, recovering from said fun.

After trying four different recipes... I WIN THE EPIC BROWNIE BATTLE.
It still needs some tweaking, but it was neither semi-solid, burned to a crisp nor super greasy, so I say it was a success.









So, I intend to use the next week getting some school work done, catching up on ballet classes and then, on Thursday leaving for Carcassone and then on to IRELAND! I can't wait. Also, if all goes according to plan, we get to stay with a friend of Sealia's father, a Mr. O'Shay which would be awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time in Italy.
    EAT, EAT EAT & ART!!!!
    Love, Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete